Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spirit Beads..what are they??


How many of you pick up something put it in their pocket or rub it like a worry stone and just feel comforted by the feel?? Or feel an affinity for an animal or bird?? These to me would be Totems..or Talismans...
This is one type of spirit bead...another type is what do you like?? What are your hobbies?? What stones do you feel drawn to?? We all "like" certain stones..mine are blue tiger's eye and fire agates.

I started making what I call "spirit" beads for my family...one sister loves and feels an affinity for dragonflies and sea turtles...she also knits, spins, gardens and rides horses..so I found her birth stone and other stones that spoke to me about her and charms for her interests...these are my little sister's Spirit Beads..she has them in her Jeep..
Some put them around the rear view mirror, some wear them as bracelets...

I have a blue tiger's eye necklace I would wear every time we traveled or I needed a little extra confidence. Now I wear a beautiful polished Fire agate set in a gold bezel...Those are my spirit beads..
I have stones that I use as worry stones or were given to me as tokens...one sailing couple we met gave me a stone she used when crossing the Atlantic...she told me to rub it when I was on night watch...
Talismans are things people use to feel more comfortable in stressful situations...they can be a rosary, a favorite shirt, cap or in a child's (and sometimes my DH)life a blanket....

The portable "woobie" is what I was aimming for...so tell me what you like and what your hobbies are and I'll make you a portable "woobie" or "blankie"....



No comments:

Post a Comment